We love our volunteers!
The Saint John Family Resource Centre staff work with volunteers to build a better, healthier community. Together we make things happen. Become a champion for your community by joining our team!
If you have skills in any of the following areas, we would love to meet you:
- Board Members
- Program/Playgroup Support
- Toy Cleaner
Volunteer your time and talent, attend a special event, partner with us or donate. Above all, as a volunteer (whatever your contribution) you will be an important member of our team. We will work together to find the position that suits you.
Please contact us for more information. All volunteers must provide a police criminal record check and a vulnerable sector check. In addition, you must complete an application form and sign a confidentiality agreement.
Our volunteers receive a small honorarium to help with childcare or transportation.
You can also complete the following form and someone will be in touch when required:
Parents living in the Priority Neighbourhoods:
Are you interested in working with parents and children 0-5 years old? The Family Resource Centre’s BEST initiative is starting a Parent Peer Leader Project with residents in Saint John’s priority neighbourhoods.
We are looking for people who are passionate about:
- giving children the best possible start in life
- supporting parents
- interacting with families from many different backgrounds
- taking on new challenges
- demonstrating professional work skills and boundaries
Project participants will be:
- Assisting Playgroup Coordinators and Parenting Program Facilitators
- Promoting programs for parents and young children in their community
This is an opportunity to build skills and experience towards volunteer and paid work in early childhood and community development. It includes:
- An intake interview
- Training and orientation sessions
- A volunteer assignment (with honorarium)
- Regular check-ins and performance reviews
- Planning your next steps in education and employment
Participants must provide a current police record check and Vulnerable Sector Check (Department of Social Development).
All COVID-19 Pandemic NB Public Health protocols will be followed. Training and participation will take place virtually (online) and in-person.
Coordinator, Building an Early Start Together (BEST)
633-2182 – extension 206