NOTICE: while schools are closed due to the Covid-19 virus, our programs and playgroups are cancelled. please follow us on facebook for live facetime events, including stories, songs and crafts, until we can join together again. stay healthy!
“Playgroup makes me feel like I belong to a community as I have a place to talk with people I consider friends, seek advice, and help other moms by sharing my experience.” – Melissa (Read testimonials…)
Calling all parents and caregivers of children ages birth to six years! If you are looking for something fun to do with the kids and meet new people, we have the activity for you.
We offer free child-focused playgroups at seven locations throughout Saint John and the surrounding area:
- South End Playgroup/Main Centre Playgroup (Family Resource Centre, 211 Wentworth Street); Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays
Parking is available behind the Family Resource Building or along the street. Please do not park in front of the building.
Urban Outreach Playgroups:
- East Side Playgroup (Glen Falls School, 10 Princess Court); Wednesdays – Currently at capacity. Please visit the main centre playgroup
- West Side Playgroup (Seaside Park Elementary School, 627 Havelock Street); Tuesdays and Thursdays – Currently at capacity. Please visit the main centre playgroup
- North End Playgroup (Crescent Valley Resource Centre, 130 MacLaren Blvd.); Thursdays
Rural Outreach Playgroups:
- Barnesville (Barnesville Presbyterian Church, 1257 Route 820); Thursdays
- Browns Flat (River Road Hub, 32 Wallace Road); Wednesdays
- Dipper Harbour (Fundy Shores School, 1095 Route 790); Mondays
Every playgroup includes time for free play, a healthy snack (and coffee for the adults!), craft, and story and songs. Our child friendly play spaces put emphasis on learning while having fun. As a result, children gain vital social skills and build emotional confidence. Together with caregivers, we support every child’s imagination. Second, we promote healthy lifestyles and physical activity.
Each location has a library cart to help children build their literacy skills. This, in turn, prepares them for school and fosters a passion for reading.
Playgroups run weekdays from 10 am until noon from September until June.
You do not have to register in advance, but we may have to limit participation due to room size.
Call the Centre at 506-633-2182 for information on a playgroup near you.